What Is the Best Way to Back Up Your Computer?
At any time, your computer’s hard drive can crash. That can leave you without all of your important files, pictures, media, and much more. There are a lot of viruses out there lurking and waiting to take all of your data. The best way to ensure you do not lose your files is to back up your computer. What is the best way though? Well, let’s take a look and see!
There are a lot of websites that can backup a computer’s hard drive online. All of the information on the hard drive can be stored and kept safe. Of course, that can come with a fee. Paying that fee is better than losing all your important data. Plus, some things do not have a price tag, such as personal photos and the like.
How Much Does It Cost to Use Online Backup?
Computer Solutions, which provides computer support in Savannah, notes that there are several websites that will back up a certain amount of data online at no charge. Once you have reached that limit, then it will cost money to get more storage space. However, these websites will not just increase the space on their own. That is something that one has to opt in for.
The average price for online backup services start at $5, but the prices can certainly go up from there. Plus, that $5 is usually a recurring amount each month.
What Are Some Online Backup Websites?
There are some websites that allow you to back up a hard drive. The rates can vary depending on the amount of storage that will be needed to backup the hard drive. The great thing is that it helps get rid of files not needed or wanted. Going through the storage is simple. You can choose not to back up less important files.
Here are three of the top online websites to backup a computer’s hard drive:
- Microsoft OneDrive: There are a couple different plans available with this online backup service. They provide a minimum amount of storage space, then it is up to the account holder to upgrade or not. The great thing about Microsoft OneDrive is that files can be accessed from any device and most newer computers already have OneDrive installed on them.
- Google Drive: Google Drive offers a good amount of free storage space. It is upgradeable to buy additional storage if space seems to be running out. It is accessible on many different devices as well. Where there is internet, the files can be reached. Plus, they are in a safe space in case anything happens to the computer the files were originally on.
- DropBox: DropBox is very similar to the other two online services for computer backup. It also allows you to directly drop files into another person’s dropbox if you need to. Sharing is simple and backup is easy.
What About External Hard Drive Storage?
There is another way to back up files without going online. By purchasing an external hard drive, all the files can be in one place ready to be used once more in case anything ever happens to the computer. There are tons of external hard drives on the market. The best place to turn to for reviews and affordable prices is Amazon.
By typing in external hard drives on Amazon, a list will appear. As a shortcut to that, below are some of the best external hard drives for sale on Amazon.
- Seagate Expansion: This external hard drive can be used with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. It allows for simple dragging and dropping of files, and they are instantly backed up to the external hard drive. It offers a quick plug in and simple steps. Also, it is available in different sizes depending on how much storage is needed.
- WD 4TB Elements: This external hard drive is also compatible with USB 3.0. It has a lot of storage space for larger files or just more files in general. Data is easily transferred over without a long wait time.
- Toshiba Canvio: The Toshiba Canvio has a very sleek design. Plus, it can hold a lot of files. There are several different sizes to choose from depending on what one will need to back up their hard drive.
Both of the above options are great ways to backup a computer. The steps are simple and in case anything happens to your computer, you will not experience a full loss of data. Check out this YouTube video for more information.