What is Steam Cleaning Carpet?
So, you are wondering what steam cleaning carpet is? Well, it is the process of using steam and usually a cleaner to clean and sanitize your carpet. Carpet can hold a lot of bacteria and can sometimes generate an odor. Steam cleaning is the best way to clean your carpet. Let us go over some of the basics.
Where to Get Your Steam?
Now, there is no way that one could possibly use steam from the stove to clean their carpet. Pouring hot water on to the carpet can cause a lot of damage. Then, you would have to get that water up some way or another. The best way is to use a steam cleaner.
What is a steam cleaner?
A steam cleaner looks a lot like a vacuum cleaner. You put water and a steam cleaner detergent or chemical into the clean water jug. The steam cleaner scrubs the floor with spinning bristles. When you back over the place you just steamed, it picks up all the dirt and water that it put down bringing it into the dirty water chamber.
Why Steam Clean Your Carpet?
There are many reasons to steam clean your carpet. Carpet Medic, who specializes in carpet cleaning in Mesa Az, says the main reason that people usually steam clean their carpet is to freshen up their home. If you have kids or pets your carpet can dirty quickly. Just the traffic along the carpet can cause unsightly dirt. Plus, it is good for your carpet.
Here is a list of reasons to steam clean your carpet:
- To remove stains- steam cleaning is often the only way to remove them from the carpet.
- Helps maintain the life of your carpet.
- Reduces bacteria build up.- This reduces odors and germs period.
- Reduces allergens.- Carpet gets a bad name for holding allergens. Steam cleaning regularly combats that.
- It greatly improves the appearance of the carpet.
The carpet is fluffed back up. The stains should be gone and the room just looks cleaner and more comfortable. (No one wants to sit on dirty carpet.)
Cleanlink.com has a list of reasons to steam clean your carpet. You should definitely look into them.
How to Steam Clean Your Carpet.
Steam cleaning your carpet can sound like a very big task. Take a deep breath in and relax. It is more simple than you think. There is a process that you can take to make steam cleaning a breeze. Just follow some of the tips below. You can find more info at Mybeststeamcleaner.review.
Before you start…
Decide if you want to steam clean behind and under furniture. Some people do, some don’t. I recommend pulling out the furniture, but it is not something that needs to be done every time. If you have a pet that goes behind furniture, then pulling the furniture out is a must.
You never know if your pet has had an accident or brought food back there. It is better to go ahead and steam clean behind it.
Now, let us go through the process.
- Pick a day that is fairly warm or dry outside.
If it is wet outside, it will take longer to dry and may even cause the carpet to sour. If it is raining, plan for another day. A dry and warmer day is key. I know that you are doing this inside, trust me it makes a difference.
- Start earlier in the day.
This may be a day-long event. Waiting is what takes the most time in this process. Just waiting for the carpet to dry.
- Vacuum the entire floor.
This should be done very well. You can move your furniture to one side of the room and clean each part of the room piece by piece. Moving the furniture back in place as it dries.
- Fill the steam cleaner as directed.
Place the proper cleaner into the steam cleaner.
- Slowly and evenly make strokes across the carpet.
Be sure to take your time over any stains or traffic areas. Sometimes you may need to take several trips over a stain or heavy traffic area.
- When the area is dry, vacuum the area.
- Wait for the area to dry and then you can run the vacuum cleaner over it and put your furniture back over the clean spot.
There are some things to note:
Here are some tips and tricks.
- Not one full steam cleaner will always do the trick. You may need to empty the steam cleaner out of the dirty water and then start a fresh round.
- Take your time. It is better to go ahead and go over the carpet while you have everything out. You will be glad you did when all the stains are gone and your home smells fresh.
- Make sure you use only the steam cleaner chemicals that are used for the steam cleaner you have.
- Never use bleach.